Author Topic: Fort Revere bunker  (Read 8272 times)

Offline NewBedfordBunkers

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
Fort Revere bunker
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
Decided to try out my new LED Spotlight at the underground bunker behind the officers quarters.  Cool internal building with wooden windowframes, and I found a Gold dollar sitting in the far corner of the main room.  I was thinking it may have been a geocache prize, but screw it, finders keepers.

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +39/-11
  • life is not a waiting room.
Re: Fort Revere bunker
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
Decided to try out my new LED Spotlight at the underground bunker behind the officers quarters.  Cool internal building with wooden windowframes, and I found a Gold dollar sitting in the far corner of the main room.  I was thinking it may have been a geocache prize, but screw it, finders keepers.

no shit? that part is accesible?? did you snap any pics? and how did the spotlight work out? sorry for all the question marks lol

Offline NewBedfordBunkers

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 05:31:01 AM »
I did take a few, once my new desktop is situated, i will load them

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
look forward to seeing these. Have you been out to fort strong on long island (massachusetts)?

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
An actual gold dollar or one of those new indian dollar coins? I forget what they're made of but not gold :) If it was an old gold dollar you're talking some cash.

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-1
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:49:50 AM »
DecayInRuins

Fort Strong is what got me interested in exploring I visited there as a teenager with the boyscouts and never really got it out of my head. I recently discovered some blueprint type drawings of the bunkers there and I'm planing a visit before the cold weather sets in
I don't have to run faster than them..I only need to run faster than YOU!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »
DecayInRuins

Fort Strong is what got me interested in exploring I visited there as a teenager with the boyscouts and never really got it out of my head. I recently discovered some blueprint type drawings of the bunkers there and I'm planing a visit before the cold weather sets in

message me when you want to do that. don't plan on driving out there unless you have legal permission from the City of Boston, its 100% illegal to be on the Island with out permission. There's manned police shack at the end of the Moon Island Causeway. And they will turn you back. You will not get on here. There are other ways of course... :) I haven't been out here yet but if you want to see this, an active off limits island is my type of place.

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
check out www.cdsg.org they have alot of blueprint type drawings of coastal forts all over the country including New England