Author Topic: Foxboro State Hospital  (Read 9131 times)

squeakers

Foxboro State Hospital
« on: August 29, 2004, 11:06:38 PM »
Very cool location.  I took pictures today, and drove all around the back without the security seeing me.  They seem to sit in the front (duh).  There is quite a dubious past to these bldings, including unmarked graves, tunnels connecting bldings, autospy room, and hauntings.  

Let me know if you want to view some of the pictures and if oyu want more details.  I'd love to see interior pictures of some of the major rooms.  

The bldings are slated for destruction (I believe), and already, they have built a playgrd football field on the site.  It is extremely creepy there, very silent.

By the way, what yr did you guys graduate from URI, I graduated in 1994 (admitting my age) LOL

Offline metalwitch

• InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 04:12:26 PM »
Becareful of those guard that "only sit in the front" as you have seen.

I went with a friend of mine who lives in the area, we found an opening in the back and one of the guards came around and caught us. We gave chase into the woods.

Yes there is a playground on the former property of the hospital, and it is creepy.
The town of Foxboro is slated to use those buildings and the land for affordable housing and for condo/shopping area!

I used to have clients that used to work at the hospital, I am a CNA, and there is a tunnel that connects some of the buildings. One lady used to work in the cafeteria, and she wouldn't go in the tunnel unless some one was with her!

There is a paupers grave in the woods, don't know the exact location, but it( the graves) are marked with round cement circles with the patients numbers on them. NO NAMES just a number!

In the 1980s, the Local JAYCEES used to put on a "haunted house" in the hospital.
I went to a few of those, and it was scary! Not just because of the hospital creepiness, but just the feelings you get when your in those places.

I'm sure alot of you know what I mean!

Thats my 2 cents on the Foxboro hospital!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 12:49:56 PM by metalwitch »

Offline Rally19

• Contributor
    • http://
Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 07:04:53 PM »
ya, we try not to give locations of the places we go to...  Mainly to avoid vandalism and such, plus it can help keep down the number of people that go to these places.  Its cool to share places, but what fun would it be if you ran into like 20 other people a night?  Plus that is what causes security to get bumped up

Offline metalwitch

Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 12:48:30 PM »
Oppss sorry bout the addy then.
I will try to delete it out!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 12:49:22 PM by metalwitch »

Offline PaExplorations

• Contributor
    • PaExplorations
Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 01:15:34 AM »
I just wanna give a holla to my sister at Foxboro... coolest security we ever met....i wont post her pic or any pics from this location on here, after all you gotta protect your connections........

elmosim2

Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 12:52:19 PM »
i have been in there recently as well we got some cool pics
http://community.webshots.com/user/terran8472
right before we were about to get to the room with a piano, we heard some loud footsteps, assumed it was the gaurd, and started to leave as quietly as we could, a few minutes later once we were out, there was no sign of the gaurd what-so-ever.  there were other various sounds that we heard, distant moans and such.  people talking(this building is fairly remote).  my friend claimed to see a figure standing in the distance until we shined a light at it.
it's good stuff, you should check it out.
the gaurd doesn't just sit in front, he drives around the back and by all the buildings so be careful.

elmosim2

Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 12:57:19 PM »
also, if anyone has a map of the place that would be fantastic, it's pretty big, i'm sure you could get lost pretty easily.  i will have more pics in the future if you want to check back sometime.

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 01:15:51 PM »
Was just there a few days ago . . the guard was out front most of the time, but did drive around and completely drove past me as if she didn't care. In front of another building there was a cop, so I decided to go elsewhere . . while driving past the playground I saw two cops on the property doing their police car 69 thing yacking with eachother then they both drove off pretty fast around the property.

Offline urbanexploringwitch

• Out of the Closet
Re: Foxboro State Hospital
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:25:37 PM »
Theres two gaurds, one sits in a car out back and one stays in front. They dont just stay in front. The place is being gutted fast, did have some strange experiences with the doors slamming fast all down the hallway, other then that didnt run into anything else living or not! Becareful if you go, the cars are unmarked minus one truck.