If you ever make it down to Douglas County, GA

Started by Kurt, March 14, 2012, 05:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
found this the other day when i was looking up some things to re-visit in Georgia when I'm there in May for my little brothers graduation.. anyways i laughed when this article showed up because I took that picture..

anywho, the New Manchester Manufacturing Company was torched during the Atlanta Campaign in the war between the Union & Confederacy. Nearly 150 years later these are the remains of the factory! I highly reccomend visiting here its an amazing place. Sweetwater Creek State Park

Did those punks pay you for the right to use your shot?  Looks like a pretty sick place dude.

Quote from: Chief on March 14, 2012, 06:07:48 PM
Did those punks pay you for the right to use your shot?  Looks like a pretty sick place dude.

place is epic bro! look it up sometime, i even edited the wikipedia for Sweetwater Creek State Park like 5 years ago and put my picture of the ruins (B&W) up and its still there haha. But no, my flickr used to have no copyright and you could just download and use it all, now theyre all copyrighted BUT the sites that networked them beforehand still have them so basically any of my photography prior to 2008 is floating all over the internet for free. woops...

I will visit this hospital  in Georgia if I can make it down to cental GA when I"m there....

http://centralstatehospital.org/BuildingPhotos.html

That place looks awesome too, that would be a pretty tight trip if you can hit em both in May.

first one is from Douglasville to CSH... and luckily its only 10 mins from D'ville to the factory ruins