Battery Milliken

Started by NewBedfordBunkers, February 07, 2012, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Searching on Google, an old link to a photo gallery associated with this site comes up with no photos.  Anyone know if the skully is still a member or has a link to these photos?
This is the link
http://www.insanebunkers.com/cpg133/thumbnails.php?album=121

Nobody knows if Skully is an active member here still?

Skully and I are founding members of this site, we stop in hear and there but both have very busy lives which limit our interaction with the site on a day to day basis. As far as "active" he pays for the domain and to host the site so I guess he is "active". The original version of the site crashed and we lost alot, many of our photos are saved on backups he and i have, but there were thousands of images submitted by users that were lost. i am unsure what catagory the images you refer to fall under. even though his name is under the photos he may have just approved them, next time i speak to him offline ill mention it to him.   
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

With a name like NewBedfordBunkers I would have assumed you'd been there yourself.  Not trying to be a hater - just kind of found it funny.

Hahaha... those were pics I sent him back in like... 2004, maybe?  I'm sure I still have them on one of my old HDs, when I get home in a few days I'll try to see if I can find them for you.

I also had a shitload of pics of New Jersey Rubber out in Taunton, MA which was torn down about 3 or 4 years ago.  That place was cool as fuck when I was a teenager.

I have been there numerous times, just never with a good flashlight.  Figured if i asked what to expect, i can bring the right equipment to enjoy myself. 

Yeah - you might not want to go alone - lots of malcontents hang out there.   Or bring heat.   Sitting in Manila airport.  When I get back to the states, I'll upload a picture of an existing coast defense gun from Corregidor (Fort Mills) that is the same type that was installed at New Bedford.

Heat usually helps ward off the strangers, certain places you definately have to protect yourself. 

Battery Smith, Fort Mills, Corregidor Island, Phillipines - 12" Long Range.  Same gun as Battery Milliken - this is the way it would have looked before the battery was casemated (covered over) during WW2.  Note "authentic" battle damage - this is the gun's good side.