Vermont state hospital

Started by Cylentnyte, December 25, 2011, 04:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I just joined recently and was wondering if anyone has had any experience urbex'ing areas up to an hour from Burlington, VT? I'm in college up there and found the VT state hospital got shutdown due to flooding after Irene, has anyone explored the place or have any helpful info on it? Any other locations would be more than welcome, all I've managed to find nearby are a few storm drains. Happy holidays everyone!

-C

December 28, 2011, 06:21:21 PM #1 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:25:03 PM by DecayInRuins
i wouldnt try it.... probably either has power or security still there.. even though they are going to be building a new building its too soon to even try that.

I lived up in Vergennes for a short time this year, check out any of the old towns like Vergennes or Middlebury they all have at least one abandoned factory. Right next to the falls in Vergennes is cool old wooden (if i remember) factory and its white. Its next to an active power plant or energy something but its easy to get inside unnoticed. 

I know a nasty place that I never managed to get in to in Vergennes its the old US Arsenal on MacDonough Drive. Wear an invisible cloak though, its the oldest  still standing Arsenal in the US (1826 or something) and its been abandoned since 1979 and no one has step foot inside since then, its essentially Vermont State Property on US Federal Land (active Job Corps center). Its nearly impossible security there is always on patrol, literally. There are about 7 disused buildings and mile or 2 or even more of underground tunnels.. I only explored two buildings on the property though.

There's more in Vermont than you'd think and theres PLENTY more than what I just said, but do some research and find some! best of luck!