Peck Hill Rd. Abandon office/warehouse

Started by Villain, October 09, 2011, 12:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not really sure what this place is. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this one.  My gf and I were driving home from the Scituate Art festival, and she took the back roads.  We ended up finding this place.

It's definitely shut down and bordered up.  Behind it stands a radio tower.  Such an unusual place.  Some graffiti in the back.  I know a few people are from the western side of RI on IB and might know more information.

check it out.

41.801829,-71.559856

October 22, 2011, 09:49:13 PM #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:05:55 PM by Villain
went there today.  excuse the crappy quality of the pictures.  I took them with my phone.  The blue dot was where we were standing.  There was no entrance in the back.  (we tried with crow bars).  :wacko:  In the front, where the building looks to the main road a window is broken.  It looked like a possible entrance, but we didn't want to chance it because we made a lot of noise trying to pry the doors in the back open.

cheers.

October 22, 2011, 11:04:28 PM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:19:45 PM by Doug508
Impressive. You're probably the first person to try to get in (in the UE community at least... judging by the graffiti local kids with nothing else better to do probably mess around there as well...). Did you try squeezing through those garage doors?

I did some research on the parcel's owners, which seems quite odd, to say the least. I think at one point they may have manufactured screws, bolts, and machine parts, this according to an EPA listing published in 2000. Send me a PM if you're interested in more info (don't like posting names and stuff online)

Quote from: Doug508 on October 22, 2011, 11:04:28 PM
Impressive. You're probably the first person to try to get in (in the UE community at least... judging by the graffiti local kids with nothing else better to do probably mess around there as well...). Did you try squeezing through those garage doors?

I did some research on the parcel's owners, which seems quite odd, to say the least. I think at one point they may have manufactured screws, bolts, and machine parts, this according to an EPA listing published in 2000. Send me a PM if you're interested in more info (don't like posting names and stuff online)

hmm sounds interesting.  I'm guessing it was part of johnston public works... maybe?  However, those dumpsters were new, which  leads me to think that the place is going to be gutted out or something.