Author Topic: rocky point ghost town  (Read 17482 times)

Offline rikid0384

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-6
  • Living and loving it.
rocky point ghost town
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
this place was stumbled upon by a friend of mine.  enjoy and happy hunting!!!
Won't catch me.

Offline Villain

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-3
Re: rocky point ghost town
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
cool pictures!   I'm guessing that this house is near rocky point? I always think abandon houses are fun to explore.  You never know what you may find.

Offline Tmac02892

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/25758682@N03/
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
Heh, I was just at Rocky Point today!  I saw some abandoned houses fenced off, and after checking them on Bing maps, it looks like there's around 20 houses?  That's crazy!  I wonder why they abandoned them.  I definitely have to check it out sometime.
Saving history one photo at a time.

Offline Doug508

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
Heh, I was just at Rocky Point today!  I saw some abandoned houses fenced off, and after checking them on Bing maps, it looks like there's around 20 houses?  That's crazy!  I wonder why they abandoned them.  I definitely have to check it out sometime.

According to a recent UER thread (which I'm assuming is the same abandoned neighborhood) the land was taken by the city under eminent domain to build fancy beach-front condos.

I couldn't find any information about that though; not even the online Warwick assessor's database had any records of those properties.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:28:14 AM »
After the loss of Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport, I am happy about this neighborhood.  :mellow:
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline k wilks

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-4
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
I went in this place about 6 months ago I walked around for about 2 hours or so and the walked Down a back path into rocky point. My friend and I decided to leave at this point due to an off duty cop sitting in a ford focus or something

Offline sewerRat21

• Darkroom Junkie
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +12/-16
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
ill have to get out there at some point. i did rocky point not too long ago, and almost got away clean lol. deff worth a trip  back

Offline k wilks

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-4
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Haha I didn't even realize that's me walking walking up those stairs lol

Offline rikid0384

• Lurker-Tourist
  • Living and loving it.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
been a while since i have had a chance to sign in.  let me know whenever anyone is down for a hike.  there is one spot that an old woman sits and look for people. 
Won't catch me.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
lol ? do tell...
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline rikid0384

• Lurker-Tourist
  • Living and loving it.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »
someone painted on the wall of a house saying "she already saw you"  when you actualy look there is an old woman that sits in her window with a clear view.
Won't catch me.

Offline Hellion1027

• Still checking in
  • Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +3/-0
  • Still checking in
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
someone painted on the wall of a house saying "she already saw you"  when you actualy look there is an old woman that sits in her window with a clear view.

I can vouch for this, a friend of mine got the cops called on him by said lady last fall.  She lives across the street or around the perimeter, not sure what he said.  Kinda sad that she really has enough time on her hands to monitor the houses all day every day.

Went there recently and was planning on hopping the fence by the old overgrown parking lot, when a cop comes out of nowhere with the spotlight on.  Almost gotta wonder if there's any hidden surveillance over by the park, or if the cops have dealt with so much there that they're just that keen on where to be at the right time.  So the park remnants are definitely a bust, but I'd like to get into the neighborhood soon without Methuselah's watchful eye catching me.  Here's some of the pics I got outside the fence:

And the rest (not so great, damn point&shoot): http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h248/hellion102792/Rocky%20Point%205-2012/

Offline sewerRat21

• Darkroom Junkie
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +12/-16
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »
I was at rocky point with about 6 people one time, we all got in and out of the Dining hall no problem, my buddy jumped back over,a nd sure as shit, a cop rolled up on him! Heres the best part, the cop gave him a personal tour of the place before dropping him off at my truck with a warning not to get caught again! good times!

Offline Ademan

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-10
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
I was at rocky point with about 6 people one time, we all got in and out of the Dining hall no problem, my buddy jumped back over,a nd sure as shit, a cop rolled up on him! Heres the best part, the cop gave him a personal tour of the place before dropping him off at my truck with a warning not to get caught again! good times!

That was a pretty decent day

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-1
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »
I know a guy that owns one of the buildings....he rented the land from RPP.....some were every nice in the day .
I don't have to run faster than them..I only need to run faster than YOU!!!!!!!!!