Author Topic: Ladd School Tunnels (a hoax)  (Read 24917 times)

Offline Tmac02892

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/25758682@N03/
Ladd School Tunnels (a hoax)
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
Ok, I just created a new thread since the Ladd School one is significantly long.  The topic is also a little different.  There are tunnels under Ladd, but the question is where?  I can't say I remember anyone mentioning exploring them though they were supposed to connect every building.  Also, one supposedly led to a crematorium in the woods.   Someone described it as an underground building with a concrete roof and two chimneys.  
So folks, what are your thoughts?  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:35:10 PM by Tmac02892 »
Saving history one photo at a time.

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +20/-13
  • Everyone's got a price, everybody's gotta pay
Re: Ladd School Tunnels
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
There aren't any tunnels under Ladd....but It'd be a lot cooler if there were. Theres a passage leading from Fogarty to the building its connected to but thats as close to tunnels as you get there.  I've never checked it out but I have heard from a man in the know that there is a crematorium on School Landwoods Rd next to the veteran's cemetary.  IMHO that would be a insanely long tunnel from Ladd to there so I'm positive you can't get there via tunnel.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
A quick google led to the description you're referencing.  I think she's absolutely full of it.   I'll bold parts that are either wrong or there is no evidence from anywhere to back it up.

Brittani says: "I grew up in exeter all my life, so I’ve heard all the stories. I’ve gone in most of the buildings, but the only one that currently stands is the hospital. (the round building) I ride through the ground on my atv, and I can honestly say that i never feel alone. Friends parents that used to work there say there are hundreds of unmarked graves around the property. Paitents were raped, gave birth, and the workers killed and disposed of the “evidence” i guess you could say. The dentist is a whole other story. Because these kids were mentally diabled they “couldn’t feel pain”, so the dentist would just pull out teeth, an do all sorts of things with out medications. Its located in the basement of the hospital, and every time i go in that part of the building i swear i feel a sort of pain all over. The showers they were given if you could even call it that was just getting sprayed with a hose, one with enoughpressure to break your skin wide open. Ladd has underground tunnels that led to all the buildings, and one that led to a creamatorim. Like Nazi style they would burn the “useless” paitents. Its not on any map of the grounds, and none of the workers really new where it was. But i found it in the middle of the woods riding on my atv. Its just a big cement block with two chimneys. Ladd school was just a cruel and inhumaine place. You can feel it whenever you step foot on the grounds that something very wrong happened there. "

1)Aerial map discredits cement building with chimneys unless it's what, the building near Job Corps with the big smokestack?  That building is still in use and I thought it was a power station.  That's the only one that looks like it could fit the crematorium description.  Possibly it was a former crematorium, since I've found other descriptions of the buildings at Ladd which include it in the list that haven't been written by 13 year olds who just saw the Craft.

2)If this was the only account of someone being in all the buildings and riding around on an ATV freely through the grounds and bringing all this attention to herself without being hassled by anyone, would you believe it if she said she had been in the tunnels?  This is a person who has never seen the morgue there--otherwise there would be a story about it.  Obviously if they just burn all the useless patients there's no need for a morgue, LOL

Anyway...

Lots of people think there are tunnels though, so maybe there is something to it, but how come no one has found them yet?  I would find it hard to believe that there isn't a single map of Ladd that doesn't show tunnels (if in fact they do exist) because there is definitely a map of the NSH tunnels.

Also, actual crematoriums are apparently kind of rare these days.  I would think if there's one that could be capable of functioning, it would still be in use.  When my uncle died we had to ship him to another town because it apparently does most of the cremations for eastern CT, which is a little known fact.  Also, did you know they have to heat the body to 1800 and crush to a powder what's left after that?  

I did find a mention that Belchertown has tunnels that have been bricked or cemented up. This might sound weird, but if you can find a map of Belchertown tunnels or any other place on the net besides NSH, then you might be able to figure out whether there are tunnels at Ladd or not.  Find a Belchertown map, no tunnels.  No map...then there could still be tunnels at Ladd.  Just my 2 cents.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
To add on to what Meg said, there are a couple of filled in wells on a trail behind Fogarty near the water treatment area, to the casual 13 year old neopet player it could be a double chimmneyed "underground crematorium".  Near the entrance of Ladd off in the woods to the left there is also a cement platform which may have either been an old chimney or foundation, certainly not a secret underground building.

Offline Doug508

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »
If you happen to have ground-penetrating radar equipment, you could find and map tunnels.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
my friends mom worked at ladd many years up until its close. shes still a nurse currently for the state now. she says the stories listed above are FAR from true. The hospital building she says was the worst thing that happened there was the patients who were constantly playing with their fieces etc were left naked in the hospital building. the rest she said is someones attempt at a spooky story.
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »
Alot of the "horrible conditions" at state hospitals are made up by local kids trying to scare eachother with ghost stories. There were no rotting corpses in the hallways, no torture chambers, etc. Sure, they did labotomies and shock therapy . . and guess what? Although rare, they still do these in some cases! I had a friend who's mom had shock treatments only a couple years ago.

Anyway . . They had tons of blueprints in the basement at Met and they clearly showed the tunnels between buildings, so I assume if Ladd did have tunnels someone would know about it other than local kids with overactive imaginations. Didn't your mom ever tell you, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
Heres a pic of a possible "double chimmneyed underground building" in the woods at Ladd.  BYOGPR-(bring your own ground penetrating radar)

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Crematorium my ass!  ^_^
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +7/-1
    • http://www.insanebunkers.com
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »
The LADD tunnels are well hidden as they lead under the bay to Dutch Island,they are partially flooded. there is an offshoot that leads to Mercy Browns Grave but that was structurally unsound so i wouldn't risk it.
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Offline donnabhain

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 10:25:18 AM »
Did you see any werewolves or lady gaga robots down there?

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »
Jimmy Hoffa guards the entrance to these tunnels. you cant get past him tho. he carrys nunchucks

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
all joking aside, I heard Lady Gaga's next costume will be a replica of the Fogarty Building and guess where her tunnel is! :wacko:

Offline Tmac02892

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/25758682@N03/
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
Lol, ok, you know I completely forgot about the crematorium near the Veteran's Cemetery.  There's a washed out bridge to it if you're coming from Ladd.  The concrete pipes for the bridge could resemble tunnels to a gullible person.  Maybe that's where the rumor came from? 
Now I'm more interested in the water treatment plant.  There's this concrete tank with a "floating" top (so it calls itself).  It's probably full of water but would be neat if it wasn't. 
Saving history one photo at a time.

Offline sewerRat21

• Darkroom Junkie
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +12/-16
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
Heres a pic of a possible "double chimmneyed underground building" in the woods at Ladd.  BYOGPR-(bring your own ground penetrating radar)

ive got 300m of climbing rope, asscenders, rappeling device, and harnesses... who wants to go exploring?

Offline donnabhain

Re: Ladd School Tunnels (a hoax)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »
I'm tellin ya megs, gaga is a MAN . . i dont wanna think about that tunnel  :huh: you'll need more than a rappeling device and harness

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »
Shes not a man dude.  Her new album sucks but she is on the hit list.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »
Whether Lady-Gaga-as-Ladd has 1 or 2 tunnels is almost irrelevant. lol

New album is different from the last but I do like both, although Scheiße is absolutely ridiculous. It makes me laugh so hard as I took German for 5 years (4 in high school, 1 in college) and not only does it not make any sense, but I don't understand how she could sing "Scheiße be mine," etc with a straight face. :-P

Katy Perry thinks she's pushing boundaries with blue hair?  Gaga's like "suck it, I am going out today as the entire meat section from Big Y." 

Offline donnabhain

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
Having a hit song doesn't make her/him not a hermaphrodite  :ph34r: I don't know what "bounderies" anyone pushes by wearing meat, it just looks like a ridiculous cry for attention. It's not even very original.

I'm gonna wear asbestos insulation next time I go exploring to show how extreme I am, maybe then my parents will love me .. I mean I'll get attentio . . I mean It'll show what an "artist" I am, yea that's it.

Offline Villain

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-3
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
I don't know guys,

I remember seeing an underground tunnel-like structure near the morgue on the first floor hallway.  It had like pipes and stuff in it though.   It was about 4 ft wide?  Crawling tunnel? lol

Offline Onionswithnos

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
Sorry to necropost, BUT I have been in these so called tunnels.

This is going back to 2003(? 04?) so my memory is a little bit hazy, but what we found when we explored the place was more like an underground crawlspace. At the time, the hospital building was chained shut, but by removing some steel plates set on the entrance in front of the doors you could drop down into a crawlspace like set of tunnels, about 3'X3' and get into the hospital. I remember several pipes being attached to the walls and ceiling of the crawlspace.

These tunnels branched out everywhere underneath the hospital building, though I cannot say for sure if they went out to other buildings, I'd assume they did because some branched off and just kept going. We were short on time and security was already alert to our presence, so we made a quick pass through the hospital and took off.

So, yeah, there's tunnels, I don't know how many, or how far they go, but they are down there.

Offline sewerRat21

• Darkroom Junkie
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +12/-16
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
There are tunnels beneath Ladd. Steam tunnels, to small to even crawl in. nothing more than crawl spaces below buildings, and pipes running from building to building outside. there is nothing worth even trying to get into

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
^this