norwich neighborhood

Started by 7teen_seconds, August 09, 2004, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I went to the abandoned neighborhood yesterday at norwich state hospital and all i kept thinking was why... not necessarily why itz abandoned but why it hasnt been trashed and vandalized after all this time... i know there's supposedly security around but that doesnt usually stop vandals... they cant be there 100% of the time patrolling the neighborhood... what keeps everyone out of there?  and does anyone know what the blue line across all the doors means?  i only stayed in there for about 20minutes... just to scope it out.  i want to go back soon, before they tear it all down and build a golf course, i heard a rumor about that... but anyway, if anyone has information about the neighborhood and why it is so untouched please let me know... also, how safe is it to actually go into the houses?

The area hasn't been hit by vandals because the Connecticut State Police use the entire hospital grounds for traing. They have trained the ESU teams there as well as local department for drug and entry teams. They also train the dogs there and the bomb squad.