Medfield Sate Hospital

Started by sewerRat21, May 27, 2011, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
since i cant find a topic about this place i figured id make one here are the facts:

The hospital was built in 1892. At its height it included 58 buildings, on a property of some 900 acres, and a capacity of 2200 patients. It raised its own livestock and produce, and generated its own heat, light and power. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994, the property was closed in April 2003 and was shuttered, and has recently been reopened legally to the public and is open every day from 6am to 6pm. It has been used as a filming location for major motion pictures such as Shutter Island and The Box. (copied from http://wikimapia.org/9774846/Medfield-State-Hospital)

pretty neat place u can walk around with permision, but no cameras. and the buildings are all sealed bup, but im sure theres a way in.
here is a shot of all the grounds and buildings
http://wikimapia.org/9774846/Medfield-State-Hospital

I will warn anyone interested in visiting, that security does their job very well at Medfield. That being said, here's some photos(Interior and exterior) from a few years ago. I was lucky enough to know someone working security, so I was given free roam on three separate trips. Since, the guard has left his job, and now I can't play anymore. :(

*CJ, These are those photos I was telling you about last night.*

I went twice last fall, security almost busted me as I walked down a staircase to get into the cafeteria building.  Luckily my buddy shouted at me to get out of there as I ran up he took this picture, anyway, heres the pic of the escape route and the security shitbum in a grey ford taurus doing the driveby.

Quote from: Ademan on May 28, 2011, 10:28:07 AM
Since, the guard has left his job, and now I can't play anymore. :(

He's back! I took a friend who was visiting over the weekend there, and lo and behold, your favorite guard has his old job back.

So I've heard. Unfortunately, he's buddy buddy with a super elite explorer who's name is way too cool for me to even say(You know who I'm talking about. Enough said), so I'm not even going to bother. They can have the campus. I've seen it all anyways.

damn i must meet this security guard lol im in medfield regularly

hmmm interested to check this place out

July 08, 2011, 03:53:15 PM #7 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:16:08 PM by Doug508

Quote from: DecayInRuins on July 06, 2011, 12:07:22 PM
i walked around campus back in the winter. security was very nice, but they said multiple times that i can not have any radio or camera with me. Anyways, I walked around for an hour and they only drive around once. Very large and awesome campus.

Also what's accross the street? I was slightly disoriented because it was only 19 degrees out that day but I swore I saw a sign that said Farm Colony

I'm not 100% certain, but that could be one of two things. I believe that in the late 1800s when these institutions first opened, food was grown on farms within the campus, and was often maintained by the patients themselves.

I know there were two "Colonies" here in Taunton that were simply satellite campuses of Taunton State, so it could just be another part of the campus.

I must check this place out. 

I went back on Feb 12 and security was all over us within 4 minutes. 

I think this place you have to have an in with security or you have to go with only 1 or 2 people   

there were 3 of us.

Anyhow   here are my shots from that day and yes just exteriors.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=39656217@N00&q=medfield