"Haunted" Abandoned Factory in Attleboro, Ma

Started by Chief, April 25, 2011, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

They're talking about the Foster Building on Union St. It's the five story red brick building across from the police station.

The building itself, after the original operations closed, rented out studio and practice space to local artists and bands, giving it the nickname 'The Band Rooms'. The building was also notoriously known by many after the news broke of an S&M sex club that was happening there, giving Attleboro the nickname 'Paddleboro'. Google it, you'll see.

Shortly thereafter, the building was closed by the board of health for numerous safety violations.

I used to be friends with a few bands who practiced there, so I've spent hundreds of hours inside the Foster, and I've never seen or heard anything even remotely haunted. These people, in my opinion, are full of shit.

Here's a couple of exteriors from a while back taken from the Attleboro Train Station. 

I've never heard the term "Paddleboro" before thats hilarious.  Good call, I thought their story sounded ridiculous.

so is this place abandoned, in  use, alil of both? is it possible to expolore it?

For years after being closed, it was abandoned. Me and a few buddies used to smoke joints in one of the basement rooms every day before school. They then tore down that chunk of the building, and started to park trucks in the driveway. Still, there was no movement anywhere around it for years. We tried, multiple times, but she was locked up tight.

About 3 months ago, I noticed one room on the second floor had a light on shining through a small corner of the boarded up window. Intrigued, I started paying more and more attention to it. Soon, lights on the first floor were appearing on every night. Then, the second floor. Then, these guys...

The article itself doesn't release the name of the building, but since I do a lot of photography for The Sun Chronicle, I knew this article was coming out weeks before it did.

I think I might try to befriend these idiots. From what my editor has told me, the 'ghost hunters' are friends of the buildings owner. I mean, I can pretend to be a ghost hunter for a night, right?

I decided to drop by tonight and take a few exteriors.

I would love to get pictures of my car in front of a building JUST like this

next time you head through MA, let me know.

Of course their fulla shit. There's no such thing as "ghosts", these people are idiots. Ever see that guy on the travel channel and his ghost hunting show? Yea, I know there are a bunch of them. All they do is go around, always with a fake "night vision" and cry about how they get "touched" or feel "cold" or anything else entirely unsubstantiated.

I get a kick out of it when they hear a drip of water and think it's a ghost. I think of all the times I've been in places and made a noise, I must be a ghost. Don't these idiots know the places are falling apart? Of course they do, it's the people watching that are the real idiots.

Paddleboro . . har har. sounds like a bunch of middle age pervs paying some ugly skank to smack 'em

Quote from: donnabhain on May 10, 2011, 05:39:39 PM
Of course their fulla shit. There's no such thing as "ghosts", these people are idiots.

I was being nice, cause I didn't know anyone on the site. Didnt want to butthurt people

Paddleboro . . har har. sounds like a bunch of middle age pervs paying some ugly skank to smack 'em

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Quote from: Ademan on May 10, 2011, 05:43:54 PM
Of course their fulla shit. There's no such thing as "ghosts", these people are idiots.

I was being nice, cause I didn't know anyone on the site. Didnt want to butthurt people

Wheres Ghost Quest when you need him? Hahahaha

Of course their fulla shit. There's no such thing as "ghosts", these people are idiots. Ever see that guy on the travel channel and his ghost hunting show? Yea, I know there are a bunch of them. All they do is go around, always with a fake "night vision" and cry about how they get "touched" or feel "cold" or anything else entirely unsubstantiated.

I get a kick out of it when they hear a drip of water and think it's a ghost. I think of all the times I've been in places and made a noise, I must be a ghost. Don't these idiots know the places are falling apart? Of course they do, it's the people watching that are the real idiots.

I believe in Ghosts... I really do, no joke. I even have my own team... as I'm sure most of you who have seen me post here or Chief who I have explored with know that I'm not here for ghosts, I am here for exploring. Anyways, I do agree that those shows are bullshit (but GA is funny as hell), and investigating is NOTHING like that at all I swear. Even the equipment they use they don't use properly. For instance, supposedly ghosts give off Electromagnetic Fields when in real investigating EMF meters are used to see if there is high EMF in areas of locations particularly houses and buildings because prolonged exposure to EMF can actually cause you to start hearing and seeing shit in a strange way because it effects your brain. Also ultra low frequency sounds (infrasound) can have an effect on your body as to how you hear other things and feel causing a similar result as high EMF exposure. ParaTV therioes give a TERRIBLE reputation to real ghost hunters. I view it as almost a religious thing, some people believe, some people don't but you must respect people who do believe because they must have a reason for it. And incase anyone is having seconds thoughts about exploring with me at somepoint, don't worry, I do know what sounds in abandoned places are like but I also do know that when you hear a distinct, clear as day HELLO! in the middle of an empty tunnel system that no one else was in (4 feet deep water, you could easily hear if there was anyone else wading through) that there has to be an alternative explanation... Just sayin.. haha. But I respect people who don't believe just as much as people do. Everyones different... Sorry for the ramble. That joint just got to me.

[/quote]

Wheres Ghost Quest when you need him? Hahahaha
[/quote]

AHAHAHA yeah lol @ him. He was some damn good troll though!

I've pissed off a ton of ghost hunters in my day, both by sharing my personal views, and by physically ruining their investigations.

My sister runs a group of paranormal investigators, and she seems to at least have fun with it, so I guess that's all that matters in the end. I'm sure some people don't like drainers too, so who am I to judge someone?

Speaking of that illiterate hick Ghost Quest, it looks like the show is over, his once proud website is down.
Perhaps someone should email him and let him know the pitfalls of becoming a big paranormal tv star. Ask for David Benoit (aka Ghost Quest) when you email him, tell him Ted sent you, hahahahaha.

Email him!                ghostquestri@gmail.com
So Called Website      www.ghostquestri.webs.com

I don't come up against donnabhain on the subject of ghosts, I won't waste my time there and just agree to disagree.

<---also believe in ghosts.  Find it interesting though that high EMF is supposed to make you mad paranoid and hallucinate.  The house I grew up in probably had a bit of both. haha
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

i was a skeptic for a while, till i watched a spirit turn a flashlight on and off at my buddies house... very creepy

I have experienced a few interesting things but haven't really seen anything earth shattering in 12 years or so.  Caught a couple of things (not orbs) in pictures but nothing concrete.  If I can't say for certain then I won't say period.  That being said I want to believe haha.

I wouldn't say I don't believe in anything 'paranormal', i.e., outside the normal. I just don't believe in ghosts drifting around abandoned places turning on flash lights lol Not to mention the dubious nature of most "haunted" locations, such as most of the ones where someone has "died" only there isn't a shred of evidence to show it as anything other than an urban legend.

Quoteprolonged exposure to EMF can actually cause you to start hearing and seeing shit in a strange way because it effects your brain.

So, you can hear someone say "hello" who isn't there, feel someone "touch" you or see shadows doing the macarena due to the effects of various stimulants on your brain, like drugs, lack of sleep, high/low EMF exposure or just good 'ol brain damage? I think we've got something here. We already know, through actual science, the earth releases gas, electricity, contains deadly chemicals, etc., that can effect every system of the human body not to mention chemicals being created right inside you 24 hours a day also effecting every part of your body. Things like fear produce chemicals that can make you perceive things differently. 

QuoteI view it as almost a religious thing, some people believe, some people don't but you must respect people who do believe because they must have a reason for it. . . . But I respect people who don't believe just as much as people do. Everyones different... Sorry for the ramble.

I know in school your teacher told you that you have to "respect everybody", but she was just reading from her government issued handbook. You don't have to respect anyone, for any reason and certainly not "just because". I may respect you for other reasons, but I don't have to respect you because you believe in something I think is stupid.

They say extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That means that I don't have to disprove something which is impossible, those making the claim must prove it and so far with a billion people with cameras and teams of psuedoscientists running around, and even actual scientists researching, there isn't one shred of evidence to show "ghosts" as such may exist at all.

Ademan, no need to "be nice", if you have an opnion express it. I wanna see some ghost hunters educate me on what they really believe vs the crap on tv and show me any evidence of their claims I may not be aware of. It's not about being nice or mean, you can't have an enlightening discussion when you're worried about being nice.

Personally, I could give a shit either way. I don't buy the whole paranormal thing, so I never look for it. Others believe, they look.

See, ask for evidence and all you get is crickets. I'd believe in aliens before I believe George Washington is sitting around some tunnel waiting for the chance to turn my flashlight on.

Quote from: donnabhain on May 12, 2011, 01:04:23 PM
you just haven't seen enough 0rbz

I guess not. Although, This piece of dust I caught way back in 0 does have a smiley face.

Qrbz are known to be happy spirits. This is the most convincing photo I've seen, wish I knew where it was taken so I could expl0re the heck out of it and catch my own spirits on digifilm or some EVPz

Quote from: Ademan on May 10, 2011, 03:06:39 AM

Aww, you're making me miss Attleboro. Damn you.

Quote from: miss moxie on June 28, 2011, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Ademan on May 10, 2011, 03:06:39 AM

Aww, you're making me miss Attleboro. Damn you.

Oh No! Not you...

This city is a shithole, but there's nowhere I'd rather call home.