Bootleggers in Providence RI

Started by sewerRat21, April 13, 2011, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
RIP bootleggers/shooters. you were fun and artsy the one time we met...

January 11, 2012, 12:15:57 AM #31 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:34:15 AM by Villain
Quote from: DecayInRuins on January 10, 2012, 04:30:18 PM

i heard they were keeping the base of the building. lol Have you ever checked out the other club called bevo?  never been inside there.  I heard it's interesting.

i attached a pic i found online.

was this the one that had the big window/end of the building that looked out over the water?

Quote from: CarbonCavi on January 11, 2012, 01:58:43 AM
was this the one that had the big window/end of the building that looked out over the water?

Si senor

Bootleggers/Shooters

Quote from: Villain on January 11, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

i heard they were keeping the base of the building. lol Have you ever checked out the other club called bevo?  never been inside there.  I heard it's interesting.

i honestly haven't even heard of that one... is it in Provi?

January 12, 2012, 12:04:31 AM #36 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:06:54 AM by Villain
yeah bevo is actually across the street from Hot club and whiskey republic.  That place has been closed for quite a some time, maybe since  06?  I heard they made some good martinis. haha   

Quote from: Villain on January 11, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

ive been inside Bevo. suposedly its under renovation, but its still do able at this point

damnit that view was crazy! i could never leave my car/bike and go explore in providence, that sheet would be gone gone gone! lol.

someone run inside of the martini place and snap some pics! quick!

Been in there multiple times over the past few years. Here's some random shots. Also, Bevo is the active place attached to it, I believe. The club that's abandoned was called Enigma from what I've heard.

damn ademan, great shots.  i'm thinking about heading over there soon.  I love the graffiti too. 

is it hard to get into?

also, didn't part of this get torn down when they were working on the moving the highway?

5 foot wall to courtyard, and from there on in you're hidden from the streets with building access. easy as pie.

FYI:
Drove by Bevo today. The whole building is being demolished.  Half the building is torn down.  I saw some pics online. I'll post them.   

These aren't my pictures.  I just wanted to show people so they can get an idea.

cheers.

holy shit. i knew there was new equip in there last time i went, but i didnt think it'd be that fast

February 27, 2012, 06:28:28 PM #48 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:13:07 PM by waxycap
I took some pictures there, too- just over a year ago.

I was not surprised they tore it down seeing as there is a lot more planned for redevelopment
throughout the entire waterfront area.  Actually, no!  I was terribly surprised they
did not just keep Bootleggers like it is and fix it up, instead :(  :

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/mycophagia/sets/72157627252627257

P.S.
If the link shown does not work, my Flickr page is listed in my profile info.   same thing.

The link does work, and those are some of the only decent shots I think I've ever seen from Bootleggers.

February 29, 2012, 10:47:28 AM #51 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:55:52 AM by waxycap
Thank you for the compliments.  I'm hoping to get further out than RI for content.
I'll do another post about more discoveries in the future.