taunton st hospital

Started by military nut, July 11, 2004, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey fellow explorers. i dont know if anyone has been over to the taunton st hospitol grounds lately.  currently on the grounds of tsh there are several abandoned buildings which could be explored and enjoyed. half of tsh is still working and is also a dys faculity.  i have a guard that works under me at my current employment who for a full time job works as an attendant at taunton. to get to my point, the old buildings which has the famouse walkway between buildings had a large fence put up around the whole faculity. the old howland building, which was their forensic unit is being gutted and the whole buliding is going to be turned into a secure forensic st hospital for lesser  crimes. a male and female faculity. the real criminals will still be sent to bridgewater. soon gates will be put up as construction continues and all access accept through the tunnel system and there are only 2 places i know of, will be gone. if anyone wishes to see this wonderful piece of history, id suggest that you make plans to explore it pretty soon before those gates are up. then you wont be getting in there and it will be impossible once major interior construction has begun. ive had the pleasure of photographing the outside a couple of times but im planning an interior excursion soon before opportunity is lost.

nut
history is always eroding

Let us know when your thinking of going in an email and we can try to arange something.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Photography is another passion of mine. I do it at a professional level. I would be willing to document any trip I was able to attend if you guys are interested.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

dakiel im sending you an e-mail
history is always eroding

Just got it sounds good ill email you back. Give me a day or two.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

I would like to see and learn more about the Taunton State Hospital (Howland Building ?)

January 21, 2007, 11:29:59 AM #6 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:31:58 AM by insanebeaver
easier said then done id make a suggestion watch out for officer crewcut over there