Author Topic: Zambarano Hospital  (Read 17406 times)

Offline MovingUnit

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
    • Fallout UE
Zambarano Hospital
« on: June 27, 2004, 04:31:10 PM »
After all the ruckus over the Ladd School, I was curious to see if RI had any other abandoned hospitals.  So, I did a little research and came up with Zambarano Hospital, tucked away in the boonies of northern RI.

Has anyone else ever heard of this place?

I took a trip there yesterday and got some nice pics (http://photos.yahoo.com/travman342).  It seems to me like most of the hospital has been shut down/abandoned, with only one building still being used to house some patients in the back of the facility.

cobalt

Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 06:34:20 PM »
ive never heard of that place but i want to take a trip their now, where exactly in northern RI is it?, i live in cranston

if any one has been to ladd latley, they boarded everything up realy good...so i need a new local place to explore

Offline Ladd Curator

• Out of the Closet
Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
I beleive the Zamborano Hospital is in Gloucester. I only know that it was once in part a sanitorium for consumptives. I've yet to actually see it in person, though I wonder if the buildings are accessible. Would anyone here know wether or not they are alarmed, or if the grounds are patrolled, and if so, how well are they watched?

Ladd Curator

cobalt

Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 06:00:46 PM »
both of my parents are in the medical field and have had to go to this hospital when it was in full use to screen patients for somthing...they said it was more or less a hospital for terminal patients      

if you want to check out a great abandond hospital go to the Paul a Dever state school (AKA mass. school for feeble minded)  there is a 5 story hospital with morgue (2 freezers and a disection table), xray room (complete with old xrays), oporating room, labratory, pharmacy, sterelezation room, solarium and lots of other great stuff, the grounds are free to walk on as long as you tell the security that you are jogging or such.  having been to ladd, taunton state and devers, Devers is the most open, they dont even lock the doors...

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:31:33 AM »
Check out "Massachusetts State School for the Feeble Minded" in the Explored section.
Explore, Archive, Share

cobalt

Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 06:27:17 PM »
do you know how to get into the tunnles from the hospital building at devers(mass school for feble minded)?

i thought that you would have to go threw the half sized doors found throughout the building, but i did not look in them (except for one on like floor 3, it was a small room with pipes and a posably recently poured concrete floor

sory to get off the topic of zambarano hospital

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 08:46:17 PM »
It's really too easy.  Just head for the basement in almost any building.
Explore, Archive, Share

cobalt

Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 10:27:59 PM »
is there a basment in the hospital building?  i looked but didnt see any stairs going down

Offline jtm1993

• Lurker-Tourist
Re: Zambarano Hospital
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
Zambarano Hospital is actually on Wallum Lake in BURRILLVILLE, RI. I live in the town, and i know, that the hospital used to be some sort of hospital for Rhode Islanders with severe cases of tuberculosis and after that it was a sanatorium. But i assume now its pretty much abbandoned, but there is one of the buildings that is currently used as a PHOENIX HOUSE. which is a place for kids, check out this website http://www.phoenixhouse.org/
also if you want more information check out http://www.projo.com/extra/2005/zambarano/

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »
The Zambarano unit or Eleanor Slater Hospital is far from abandoned unfortunatley. Some buildings on site look to be but I have seen traffic in and out of all of them. I believed they are used for storage mostly and one building that reads nurses house or something. It probably is occupied by staff full time. Almost every window had fans or were opened indicating occupancy. The two or three houses, or at least looked like houses looked to be the only ones that may not be used at all. As fas as being patrolled. The only people I have seen have been maintenance personal and they all waved like I was a welcome guest. I cannot be certain but believe none of them are easily accessible.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 09:08:07 PM »
Just a few pics...the place was pretty cool on a foggy day

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
i ahve more but having a prob..there has got to be an easier way than attaching one file at a time

Offline milker78

• Lurker-Tourist
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 07:12:35 PM »
both of my parents are in the medical field and have had to go to this hospital when it was in full use to screen patients for somthing...they said it was more or less a hospital for terminal patients      

if you want to check out a great abandond hospital go to the Paul a Dever state school (AKA mass. school for feeble minded)  there is a 5 story hospital with morgue (2 freezers and a disection table), xray room (complete with old xrays), oporating room, labratory, pharmacy, sterelezation room, solarium and lots of other great stuff, the grounds are free to walk on as long as you tell the security that you are jogging or such.  having been to ladd, taunton state and devers, Devers is the most open, they dont even lock the doors...
 i have been to the devers school and it is truely awesome although i didnt find the morgue. can anyone give me info on what the building looks like? we were down in the tunnels! very spooky and were down in them for quite some time! easy to get into through the"common" building.  security kind of followed us around the first day, we signed to get in to walk the grounds.. WARNING! if u do decide to enter ANY of the buildings please wear masks for mold! the security is there to keep peope out of the unsafe buildings because of asbestos and serious mold exposure! otherwise its a great place to play around in!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:15:21 PM by milker78 »