Author Topic: Clothing?  (Read 10269 times)

Offline Az17

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Clothing?
« on: June 04, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »
Not like this is a big thing or anything like that but is there anything you would rather wear. Me, I tend to always wear this Russian military jacket I bought from Old Navy a few years back. It has plenty of pockets for all my crap. I also bought a Jansport sling backpack to store my camera and other bulky items like flashlights, "rations", water and other stuff. It's also nice on my back when I'm out for a long day of exploring,

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
Re: Clothing?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »
Well I always say wear camo but when it actually comes to exploring I'm always wearing something stupid like red or bright pink.  (Mainly because when I go exploring, it's accidental...driving along..."OH LOOK AN ABANDONED HOUSE!" -swerve, crash-)

A friend of mine did NSH in full camo, complete with a police scanner, but this was a few years back.

I usually pick something loose fitting so I can run away easily if need be.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline StealthUnited

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +5/-0
  • United we Explore!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
I usually wear skinny black jeans, with combat boots, black jacket of some sort, and a 'map bag' I got at a surplus store for storing my camera and goodies.
Huzzah!!

insanebeaver

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:31:12 AM »
im always wearin my black army field jacket with woodland camo or urban digital. i tend to just wear some heavy duty work boots. n also my backpack is a must. I love this thread n ones like it cuz everyone can post in it

Offline Kabli

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
  • The best way out is always through.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
Jeans, casual shirt and sling backpack. i've found if you like you belong, no one asks questions. dressing like you're sneaking around leads to trouble.
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

insanebeaver

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
I'd agree in some circumstances.about looking
shady and attracting attention. but i never ask permission to go on any property's and assume  not bieng seen is the best thing. although in some spots i totally agree casual is the way to go 

Offline JiggyJamesG

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »
Exactly, Ive had to talk to police officers while wearing full camo, it makes you look real suspicious. Id rather just wear casual but appropriate for exploring. Jeans, tee or hoody depending on the weather, not really brite colors.
WWW.accordingtojiggy.blogspot.com

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +39/-11
  • life is not a waiting room.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »
Exactly, Ive had to talk to police officers while wearing full camo, it makes you look real suspicious. Id rather just wear casual but appropriate for exploring. Jeans, tee or hoody depending on the weather, not really brite colors.

Yeah when I first started exploring I pretty much wore black work pants, black tee shirt, black sweater, black boots, black packpack. Now that I'm not a total sketchball I usually just wear jeans, brown boots, and a brown or green hoodie (depending on the season haha). Comfort is king.

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
All black, including blackface! That way I can turn off my light or stand in front of a black wall and nobody can see me unless I blink or smile. If I can't find a black wall and it's daytime I can distract the cops with a blackface comedy routine and make my escape, keeping a bowtie in my pocket help if I have to resort to plan B.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »
norwich state i never had to worry what i wore, it coulda been bright green shirt that says HEY on it and no one would have cared. lol. ive kicked kids out with the police there with them under the impression that i worked there ( security was beside me as well )

Other places though i have a black hoody that comes with me at all times, a pair of old work boots ( were dark brown leather now theyre just more dark dirty brown ) and black or dark blue jeans.
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.