Last Night's Mission

Started by Chief, November 05, 2010, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have been to this place a few times but obviously I had to go back one more time.  I don't feel comfortable saying where it is but its an abandoned state hospital.  Anyways so it was the same usual setup my gf dropped me and my cousin off and we had to navigate roughly .6 miles through field and woods till we got to the side of the target building.  Miraculously noone was in that thicket like the last 2 times so in we went.  It was awesome.  So we figured it was time to go, wed been in there for maybe 90 minutes and saw everything we wanted to.  So my cousin is the first one to squeeze out the window and its a very tight squeeze, so hes out.  Now as Im maybe 1/3 of the way through the window I see a light and first reaction I had was that security was driving by...until I realized it was 2 flashlights in the thicket heading our way!  So we start crawling away slowly while those 2 people head to the window I just squeezed out, and I knew it was the cops.  So as soon as we got to a spot in the thicket that we could stand up we ran at light speed.  My cousin veered right around a building and I cut hard to the left figuring theres no way they would catch both of us.  Anyways I ran behind an old hospital building, dove into thick woods, and started crawling.  Anyways I found a spot in a very dense field and just curled up in a ball.  Sure enough I see flashlights from the backside of the old hospital so I know they're looking for us.  I was barely breathing and didn't want to move a muscle, sure enough 10 minutes or so later someone walked right by where I was hiding.  Now theres no way I can justify getting up and running because as I have read in a previous trespassing bust, they have had several officers sweeping the grounds.  I have no idea how much time passed but several people ran in either directions kind of by where I was hiding.  I was so afraid the cops would find me I didn't open my cell because of the light.  I also heard some of them whistling to each other, so I think now the cops are coordinating theyre search or trying to make me give my position away, finally I hear someone in the scrub where I was hiding and I swear to you they were maybe 10 feet away!  I figured if they were going to find me they would have to step on me in that scrubby field.  Somehow they didn't see me and kept going.  So all of a sudden I hear someone calling my name, so I figure the cops busted my cousin and now theyre trying to get me to give up, no way jose.  Bear in mind I was hearing voices out there, different bangs from a building that I was sort of near, and a car driving around the campus.  Then all of a sudden I realize its my cousin calling for me!  I guess he had run all the way to the street called my gf, dumped his camera and knife, and came back to look for me!  Meanwhile my gf was flipping out and almost called the local PD to see if they had me in custody!  She thought I was hurt in the woods or something!  So anyways my cousin then informs me that he met up with a group of 5, a group of 2, and another group of 2 people while he was looking for me!  So I didn't hear the cops after all, it was different groups of kids tromping through the woods with flashlights heading to the hospital!  And to boot those 2 flashlights we saw in the thicket ended up being 2 of the teenagers he talked to! It was insane for them to be using flashlights walking through there, everytime we had gone we crawled through there in the dark because of the fear of getting nailed by security.  Its a good thing he came looking for me or else id probably still be out in the woods hiding.  I guess security did end up driving by a few times because my cousin had to hide from them as they drove by.  It was just a crazy crazy night. While I was hiding in that field I ditched my camera and voice recorder and buried them in the dirt, since I "knew" the cops were on to me I didn't want to risk getting busted for breaking and entering.  I did take the memory card out so I got all the pics.  Im a little bummed about the voice recorder but my camera was kind of old and shitty anyways.  So my gf picked us both up and we got away, we got out of the hospital at like 10pm or so, I got in my gf's car at midnight so I was hiding in that field in the rain for 2 hours!  I guess if all of those idiot teenagers weren't tromping to the hospital, I wouldn't have thought the cops were closing in on me and I would have been home before 12:30 am!  Needless to say I'm going to take a little break from exploring for a while.

damn..thats an adventure...I'm sure I know the spot you are talking about and I have already given up on it!...Goodbye...plenty more places to explore and far more inconspicuous.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel

Its funny, that feeling of adventure is so addictive!  I need to get a new camera this week and then i'll be back. 

That story made my day! Awesome.
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

November 09, 2010, 01:26:52 AM #4 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:36:47 AM by Megster
wow... im guessing its ******** (spoiler). fuck the police man

sorry dude I took out the name of it because you were right but Chief wants to keep it quiet.   :mellow:
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

its cool it was sorta a dick move on my part although that information is now vital. but do i get a cookie for guessin right?