Danvers State Goodness

Started by Coon, October 29, 2004, 09:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey there. I've been scouring the internet for some time trying to find the historical address and/or directions to the Danvers State Hospital up in Danvers, MA. We are part of an ad hoc exploration group, trying to film a documentary on the hospital's history, but everyone we've called part of the Mental Health Commitee/Board whatever won't give us any information. Also, none of the maintained sites have directions on how to get there.

Could anyone that has been to the Hospital or has knowledge of it's location fill me in on how to get there? The narrowest description we have nailed down is that its in Danvers and is 18 miles south of Boston. And...well, understandably the night we go there we can't just pull up at the local 7-11 and ask how to get there, because we know how THAT'D end up.

Any help would be wicked appreciated.
~Coon

Think both Hathorne Circle and Mapquest.  
Explore, Archive, Share

if someone told you to go 18 miles south of boston... they're trying to put you in the exact opposite direction you need to be going in. danverse is up north shore near NH i believe...

hey coonjust jump on 95 north and you cant miss the place if you need more directions just e-mail me k
mdg-heh@comcast.com

Isn't this the site where the movie,"The 9th Session" was filmed?  Super creeper film with William Macy and a bunch of local Boston area actors.  Anyone see it?

Isn't this the site where the movie,"The 9th Session" was filmed?  Super creepy film with William Macy and a bunch of local Boston area actors.  Anyone see it?

Hey kids. . . . . . . .

It just so happens i live right down the street from Danvers State. .  . take 95 to exit 32 i believe. . . the one that goes to Middleton and lets you off at Masconomet Regional HS. . . . take a left off the exit if yourre coming from the south and a right if youre coming from the north.  . . go down about 5 miles or so. . . over a little bridge with a little beach. . .come to a four way intersection w/ a light. gas station on the right. go straight through the intersection. youll come to a bunch of fields. . . . youll see a sign for spaulding rehab on the left take that street go through the rehab center and viola! welcome to Danvers State. . . youll come to a weird intersection. if you take a hard right youll go up the hill to the place. theres a blockade there. if you go straight you eventually go to rt 1. . along the way though theres a little paved path that goes up the hill on the right and, if any of you have seen the movie session 9, the covered staircase he walks down to go sit inthe field is there. . . ive been up there and you can get to the top of it before any security will be of any hinder to you but once you get up to the top theres a security station off to the right. be careful . . ive been chased out of there by a fat cop weilding a gun.

now with that little tidbit of information out in the open. . . even though ive been chased out, i still plan on getting in and spending the night. im wondering how you amazing people got in there and if you would like to be of assistance to me. . . i actually found your site while looking for info about how to get in. ive heard there are  security cameras, but thats not from a really reliable source, so im wondering, if first hand, you guys have ANY information that could be of help to get me in there and any informatoin about what the hell i should look for in there.

Darkrom666@gmail.com

Ask me anything I have you answer. And any explorer who knows me can attest, plus I love helping folks like you out

danversstatehospital@yahoo.com
Guess who's back!