Jamestown

Started by Than, April 30, 2004, 11:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What is all this talk of Captain Kidd burrying treasure on Jamestown? Can I have more details?

I want in.

Also, do you guys spend any time on Dutch Island, the abandoned military island off the coast of Jamestown? It is full of bunkers and other wacky buildings.

I spend a lot of time there in the summers. You should check it out.

Captain Kidd's Treasure has yet to be found. Many say it is on Oak Island, Nova Scotia. We think Jamestown holds the Key. As for Dutch wait till you see the Video.    
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Actually, one of his smaller bountys supposedly are there.  

Check out:
http://www.jamestownri.net/clerk/descript.html
Explore, Archive, Share

In that article on one of the last posts...mentions the west side of the Island as where the Indians buried their dead. Any idea where such sites are?  

Well, is that webpage the only evidence that you have? Not to disparage it, but I dont see how you can narrow the possibilities with that link. I'm sure you guys have more information though, Id like to see it. Nothing like a treasure hunt over summer break.

So you have been to dutch? Nice place. Im building a trampoline on it this summer, so look for that if you go back. Also, the 'Jolly Roger' symbol is painted on a cement block that lines the rocky beach facing Beavertail. What video am I waiting to see? No need to be so cryptic...

-Than

May 02, 2004, 04:33:28 PM #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 07:44:54 AM by Skully
Naw, I just wanted to threw a link out there.

I used to live on Jamestown and did much research at the time into the history of the island. The Jamestown treasure story is a good one and it is mentioned in a handful of books and linked to one of Captain Kidd's missing stashes.  I am however not inclined to tell you everything we know.  Sorry man.   ;)

In fact there are many things that we don't release here on InsaneBunkers.  It taint smart for us to do that.  For one, we could get in trouble and two, it leads to... call it "premature exploration".  If we aren't done with it, we won't release it.  I don't mind an occasional tease though.  B)
Explore, Archive, Share

QuoteIn that article on one of the last posts...mentions the west side of the Island as where the Indians buried their dead. Any idea where such sites are?
Yeah, Jamestown is full of Native American burial sights.  The elementary school built in the 90's there was carefully constructed for it was a goldmind of indian burial artifacts.  As far as seeing a definitive sight for that stuff, I've never noticed anything.  It is a facinating area of intrest.  If you ever wanted somewhere to post your work (graveyard stuff) we'd be willing to make a section on the site for that sort of stuff.  Just send me an email (skully@insanebunkers.com).

Explore, Archive, Share