To pilfer or not to pilfer, that's the question.

Started by skully, February 02, 2004, 07:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just want to preface this thread by saying that by discussing this topic I nor anyone else here is claiming to be engaged in the act of pilfering just discussing how it relates to UE.

So, with that being said, how does the board feel about it?  I know, it's a sensitive topic, one that get's those guys over at Avatar's/Infiltration forum all riled up.

My opinion is that there are many old abandoned places to visit.  Each one has a level of both deteriation and abuse.  For those lucky times when one enters in a place where perfectly good relics of a past age are gone to waste, rotting in a water-damaged room, what's the use of leaving it there?  Most of the time I may decide to leave things intact in their resting place for someone else to take.

Let's hear all the opinions..

Explore, Archive, Share

i think its fine, why pay for something if its right there in front of you/i dont think it will effect future explorers/i`ve taking plenty of stuff that i use everyday/i only take stuff that i can use

me i take a little trinket of my visit to go along with the pics i take, i like military stuff so a piece of barbed wire, a piece of a fence. as long as you dont ruin it for others of the same ilk a small trinket is acceptable
history is always eroding

I think the situation should dictate if you should take or not. I justify criminal trespassing to myself and others by saying "I'm not steeling or vandalizing, I'm just exploring" If I remove items I have crossed the line in my own mind. Although I know of a group of people who are trying to preserve and identify a patient cemetery. I also know where there are patient files that could possibly contain info to help identify these people. Is it acceptable to take for a good reason? I am still torn.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

How about leaving shit behind? :D

http://ltvsquad.com/AE/Regift062004/index.php

Ya'all could leave a chache of that fancy IB  gear someplace and see who finds it?!

PILFER THIS!!!!! :o  :o                     THE SLADE MAN!! :D  

Who let him escape from slades rants? Lock your doors!  :o  

Hmmmm i have taken a few papers here and there from some of the hospitals ive been in, mostly just something with the name on it , nothing that is worth anything, and most of the time i have to dig to find that. i guess im on the line on this one, it just all depends on where ya are and what you wanna take....to each his own ya know? i dont give a flying rats ass what anyone does really as long as they arent trashing a place or breaking in and shit. i dunno, im on darvocet so maybe i am not talking well. anyhow...nice to see you all i been gone a while was in the hospital n stuff but is on the road to recovery.  and damnit i forgot about that avatar someone send me something i can use ....

Sorry to here about the hospital. I wish you well.
I like the avatar.

lol thanks...and im all well and healed now...had some exciting explorations yesterday, all the shit is on my page. was a fun day.

Great pictures. I think patient cemeteries are very sad. Imagine  not having anyone who cared enough to even bury you.
There is a patient cemetery in Mass. with 350 people. The head stones don't even have names. Just a letter stating the religion and a patient number (ex. C-14) Only one stone has a name and date and it is for a 2 year old girl. Fu**ed up.
:P Please post more pictures of your tits :P  

Please post more pictures of your tits
:unsure:
uhmm shall i kick your ass now or wait a while?

What ever is convenient for you. Thursdays are better for me.

Guess what? Its thursday mutha!!   :lol:  :lol:  

I prefer to be beaten around the chest and but-ox region. Please avoid the face. I also enjoy  to here things like "you dirty bitch" and "you worthless sack of shit" :D (Skully, see what happens when you're not around to referee the forum. You better return soon, it's starting to get out of control)

Ok you dirty bitch do you prefer the paddle with the holes in it or the cat-o-nine tails? wait maybe i can borrow that slapper from skully?  :lol:
god how quick we got off the pilfering subject..........all because of a silly avatar :P  

boostay where is the link to your page id love to see those pics, im a big hospital nut, ive been in many(not as a patient) and i work next to an abandoned st school, thats really awsome, you can get all kinds of things in there, the state loves to leave everything behind.

nut

See that little house under my post? my page is there , there a few hospitals there and a state school wich i am fascinated with, did alot of reading there and saw alot of old pics and video about the abuse that went on, really bad shit, and yes they love to leave  things behind, i have mounds of paperwork and things here that i PILFERED....couldnt help it, its just gonna lay there and rot anyhow.....

THANKS BOOSTAY. IAM ALSO GETTING INTO STATE HOSPITALS AND SCHOOLS HERE IN MASSACHUSETTS.  I HAD THE THE JOB OF CIVIL PATIENT TRANFERS FROM A CRIMINALY INSANE HOSPITAL (BRIDGEWATER ST HOSPITAL) TO DMH AND DMR FACULITYS DURING THE LATE 80S EARLY 90S. I GOT TO SEE DANVERS, WORCESTER NORTH HAMPTON TAUNTON AND SEVERAL OTHERS BEFORE THEY WERE SHUT DOWN. I NEVER HAD AN INTREST IN THEM WHILE I WORKED FOR THE STATE, BUT I DID ADMIRE THE WAY THEY WERE BUILT AND MAINTAINED. ITS SAD THAT THEY ARE IN SUCH A STATE OF ABANDONED DISREPEAR. THE INCREDIBLE LOOK THEY HAD WAS AMAZING.  SORRY I GET RAMBLING ON. GREAT PICS AND LINK THANKS AGAIN

NUT

Im doing some alterations to my site but you can still find my pics here:

PaExplorations photos

PaExplorations Photos2

I would have loved to be in those places when they were open, just to go look around and stuff, maybe i should volunteer at our local state hospitals, we have 2 real close by....lol

Funny thing is how much the state leaves behind, and not just furniture, i have 3 folders of patient papers and all kinds of stuff from the one place i was at, its interesting reading, but not too good that they just left that stuff. so yeah i took it and i plan to burn it at some point. it isnt fair to those people being alive or dead that their personal medical records are just laying in an abandoned place for anyone to find. weird.

boostay i went through you pics of pa explorations they are awsome. im getting up to about 1300 photos of things ive taken pics of and hope to learn how to put together photo albums  like yourself. i loved the pennhurst and byberry one especially. nice work

nut

I have so many pics to put up there yet but yahoo is being a douche bag for me, so i may look for another place to store them......my daughter uses photo bucket for stuff, but i will have to look around.....wow did this thread get off topic or what ...

Oh my.  You guys sure got raunchy while I've been web-absent.  

Andrew what up dude??  You made Boostay change her avatar!  It was a welcome sight while reading the forum.  

I hope to get out soon and do some exploring.
Explore, Archive, Share

Good to have you back. The forum is complete once again.
Yeah, sorry I f**ked that up. I liked the old one better. Maybe if you ask her nicely she'll change it back.

wow i didnt know my breasticles were so popular!  

July 16, 2004, 06:13:33 PM #25 Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 08:45:01 PM by Skully
I'm sure your ****** would be a close second.  :D

[Skully flexes almighty and patient moderation muscles, this really belongs in Slades Rants]