purgatory chasm

Started by urbanexplorer, June 23, 2006, 11:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 23, 2006, 11:42:43 PM Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:19:50 PM by urbanexplorer
this place is cool its a natural wonder i got some nice pics in my member gallery/storage bunker in album purgatory chasm
and the legend goes a little like this................................................................................
Hobomoko (the Native American devil) carried a woman to the chasm because she had murdered a white man.
the woman began to put up a fight ,so Hobomoko smashed her head against a rock and bludgeoned her with his tomahawk.
there is said to be a bowl like depression where he beat her head into the rock ,there are said to be marks where the tomahawk hit the rocks and footprints along the top of the chasm cliff where he carried her body to the edge of the chasm and threw her in. thats the legend
now the bowl and tomahawk marks i didn't notice, but i did notice the footprints i thought they were so much like footprints that i actually stood in them i did not know this place was here i stumbled across it while working in middledtown last week so i didn't know the legend behind the chasm or i would have surely found those ax marks and the bowl and definitely would have took pictures of them as that is the case i will be returning to purgatory chasm this week to document these and they will be added to my gallery and damn it carboncavi if i go on Friday ill drop a dime pal!!
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

That place is pretty cool, I was there and at lookout rock in the past few months. Both are definitely worth the trip.
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Just looked at your pics... that isn't the same Purgatory Chasm that I know... the one I've been to is off of 146 in Mass... where is that Purgatory Chasm?!
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

this is in middletown rhode island on tuckerman ave heres the google map ive got it down to the address where the chasm is there is a parking lot for the chasm with a path leading to it at the corner of purgatory road and tuckerman ave if you come down purgatory rd you will see a sign for purgatory chasm right before you go down the hill towards the beach

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=634+Tuckerman+Ave,+Middletown,+RI+02842&ie=UTF8&ll=41.486182,-71.270413&spn=0.00352,0.013475&t=h&om=1
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Who knew!?  Two Purgatory Chasms.  I was only familiar with the one off of 146.  Nice to know - thanks!
Our major obligation is not to mistake slogans for solutions.
Edward R Murrow