Picture Time!

Started by MovingUnit, February 03, 2005, 12:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's been friggin' cold and snowy out, but that hasn't stopped the ol' monkeyman from going out and exploring.  It's been a while since I've posted exploration photos for all my friends out in Insaneland, so here's a nice big steaming heap of them.  Hope everyone is doing well.

And finally, the lovely Miss Spacemonkey that I met while exploring last month.  I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime.

Nice photos, how visable are you now those condos are being built i drove by last month and figured no way could you get near there without being seen.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Honestly Dakiel, the construction workers don't seem to care.  I've been there quite a few times in the past month or so for lack of anything better to do, and they haven't said/yelled anything to me.  Well, except for last week - I was wading through thigh-deep snow to get there, and you know how there's car parts strewn all over the place, yeah well there was apparently an engine buried in the snow that I stepped on, slipped, busted my knee, and fell face first in the snow.  The second this happened, about six workers busted out laughing really loud and waved at me.  I waved back and continued on, and that was it.

I like the 5th pic down.
The ice "sculpture".
Looks kind of like Rodan's the thinker.
OR
An angel of some sort!

Space you should seriously do something
with your art.
Like I said before, you have the "eye"!!

QuoteI like the 5th pic down.
The ice "sculpture".
Looks kind of like Rodan's the thinker.
OR
An angel of some sort!

Space you should seriously do something
with your art.
Like I said before, you have the "eye"!!
This summer, I've got a little coffee shop in Mystic, CT that's interested in putting some of my stuff on their walls for a couple weeks, and I'm trying to get in contact with the AS220 to see if I can do something there.  *crosses fingers*

That ice sculpture, believe it or not, was naturally formed.  I sat there studying it for a good fifteen minutes trying to figure out how the ice formed vertically in such a manner as to look like angels, or women praying.  Here's what I figured; they were sitting at the very entrance to this place on a day when it was below freezing temperatures, and there was water dripping down from the top of the entrance door.  So, slowly, very slowly, the water was accumulating, building, and freezing "up," if that makes any sense.  Up in this case was about three and a half feet tall.  I figure the "figures" were formed in such a manner that the naturally-created heat from the inside of this place was counteracting with the freezing wind that was blowing inside the door.  They were still wierd though, seeming to have facial features and everything, so maybe it was just college kids.

February 26, 2005, 10:48:46 PM #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 10:50:04 PM by metalwitch
Well it does look like an angel sitting there with it's palm on its chin, like it is thinking.
Also the "legs" looked crossed.
Just my observation.
It's good what ever it is.

PS good luck with AS220-- I hear that is a hard place to get into.