Goodbye Norwich...

Started by Prometheus, May 25, 2006, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.courant.com/hc-utopia0524.artmay24,0,484971.story

Norwich Hospital is going to become a Movie Studio and Theme Park?!
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Quote from: Prometheus on May 25, 2006, 11:31:58 AM
http://www.courant.com/hc-utopia0524.artmay24,0,484971.story

Norwich Hospital is going to become a Movie Studio and Theme Park?!

Yeah, old news by now. 22,000 new permanent jobs... all union. You have to join the union to fucking run their rides and shit...

4700 workers building it and it will open July 4, 2009. I don't know what's in that article you posted, so I'm posting what I read yesterday. Too lazy to click the link...

Wow, more Foxwoods/MoheganSun-type jobs in the area.  Yeah, everyone has high paying jobs (NOT)
Explore, Archive, Share

That's such bullshit. How's security there right now?
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Anyone think it's odd that they're calling it "Utopia" and you HAVE to be in their union to ride the rides and whatnot..

u·to·pi·a (yk-tM'p-Y):

1. An ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.
2. An impractical, idealistic scheme for social and political reform.

Just thought it was amusing..
It's always raining in my head

Quote from: XxCieloxX on May 26, 2006, 12:35:19 PM
Anyone think it's odd that they're calling it "Utopia" and you HAVE to be in their union to ride the rides and whatnot..

u·to·pi·a (yk-tM'p-Y):

1. An ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.
2. An impractical, idealistic scheme for social and political reform.

Just thought it was amusing..

it's even funnier that the literal meaning in Greek is "nowhere."
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Quote from: Prometheus on May 26, 2006, 10:02:46 AM
That's such bullshit. How's security there right now?
I'm no authority or anything, but I'd say it'll be stepped up threefold. Maybe not even. For the next 6 months until work starts on the property, it might be difficult to get anywhere.

Does anyone know of security company changes? Who hired this one? The state?

my home is going! haha security?! more like the damn army. there was 2 trucks driving around the property the other night, with a third suv driving around also. AND on top of that, i know one of the guards there, who gives me freeroam when hes working, and there is now daily a state trooper parked usually next to the firehouse but he does move and tends to sit between buildings in the shadows. so be VERY CAREFUL when going.
now as for my trip to norwich I went on thursday night, around 1130ish.
we parked at the bar as usual and walked down to the tracks
decided to walk past the tunnel and walk up to where the gym is and walk up from there.
Now my buddys Martin whos been there 3 times went with me, along with my steveo who was the virgin tripper along with my fiance lindsey who has been there once before. they decided to stay down the hill and i was going to climb it and check for security. now anyone who has been there before knows this hill is pure hell climbing and with all this rain the mud didnt work very well in my favor. so as im climbing the hill i had my light off and i kept getting a shot of my shadow on the hill in front of me and as if someone was shining a light from behind me in the corner of my eye. so i thought it was them checking on me making sure i was ok so id shine my light back once real quick. later discussion between us was that they never shined the light once and was wondering why i shined my light back so many times. so it wasnt them shining the light, and it wasnt reflections off of mohegan becuase of the treetop cover. where did this light come from? now being this was right next to the gym where i have experienced things before i believe someone or something was there with me trying to warn me security was right up there ( which we found out in the following minutes. )so i get up there, signal for them to come up and they all do. the gym is all boarded up from last year, and all the doors are locked, i shined the light in there being no windows on the other side of the bowling alley. damn id love to get in there again. So as we start walking to the tunnel security happens to drive around the corner real fast and we got caught in the edge of the lights, they didnt see us but that was a close enough scare for the newbies so we ended up abandoning the thoughts of entering. back down the hill we go to the pumphouses at the bottom of the two oil tanks. i wanted to check in the first building, so I took a pic ( below ) the door was closed. but there was a thumping noise coming from inside. my buddy steve all the sudden turns white and takes off running stopping 50-60 feet away saying he saw a face in the window. i was like steve comeon its your first time here and your hyped up cause of what just happened, then the door creaked open about 3 inches and we all took off not waiting or wanting to see who it was. now it was either a bum or the same spirit or whatever was screwing with me on the hill. OR it was the trenchcoat kids. there a bunch of navy kids who wear trenchcoats and go tearing thru the place. ( they pulled a 9mm on a security officer about 6 months ago ) so therefore i did not want to meet them if it was them. Anyways enough with the gab on with the pics.

i have many many more pics of me from that night but they all make me look like i have 4,000,000 chins. im really not that fat i promise! anyways enjoy, ill answer as many questions i can that you guys might have about norwich. lemme know! my aim is apexiranger too hit me up.