Excellent Site!!

Started by metalwitch, September 16, 2004, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I found UE thru a yahoo ground I frequent: New England Anomaly (www.newenglandanomaly.com)

Thought I knew all the spots in RI, (I grew up in the east bay section), but after seeing this site, I have more places to explore!

Have you all ventured down to southern Mass yet?
We have stuff here you would love.

Taunton State Hospital in Taunton, Mass.
Purgatory Chasm in Sutton, Mass- tho thats not  SE Mass.
Devil's foot print and the Witches Bridge in Norton Mass.--I'll be posting a link to that site soon.

MetalWitch

Check out the explored section of the Insanebunkers web site. These guys have been to hell and back.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

QuoteCheck out the explored section of the Insanebunkers web site. These guys have been to hell and back.
I know, I saw!
That why--excellent site.

Welcome metalwitch.  Yeah, you can say that we've been to hell and back.  I think Dakiel and defintely Slade has been to hell more than I have.   :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up sites.
We've been to Taunton Hospital, just haven't released the visit pix yet.  

Purgatory Chasm is very cool.  We used to get together as a group and rock climb in there.  It's alot of fun.  I never thought to take pix though.  Maybe we should... I'll have to do some research on that one.

I'm very much interested in the footprint in Norton.  Please feel free to send more info.  It's the places that not many people know of that interests us the most.  
Explore, Archive, Share

Have you been to Rehoboth yet?
I'll post the links to Norton soon.

I'm very much interested in the footprint in Norton.  Please feel free to send more info.  It's the places that not many people know of that interests us the most.
Here is the link for the "Devil's foorprint" in Norton Mass.
http://cs.wheatoncollege.edu/nhs/tour/tour9.html

Its the historical societies web page, click on the tour link.
Look for the one that says George Leonard mansion, has the story of the foot print there.

If you put in these after the last slash, you can find out about King Philips cave-tour8, and  the Witches Bridge tour 10.

I have gone looking for the cave and its in the woods. Nice site.

Just some of the local legends around here.

I'm very much interested in the footprint in Norton.  Please feel free to send more info.  It's the places that not many people know of that interests us the most.
Here is the link for the "Devil's foorprint" in Norton Mass.
http://cs.wheatoncollege.edu/nhs/tour/tour9.html

Its the historical societies web page, click on the tour link.
Look for the one that says George Leonard mansion, has the story of the foot print there.

If you put in these after the last slash, you can find out about King Philips cave-tour8, and  the Witches Bridge tour 10.

I have gone looking for the cave and its in the woods. Nice site.

Just some of the local legends around here.
This is me.
Just posted that when I wasn't signed in! :P  

metal witch, are you refering to the nike site in rehoboth?  
history is always eroding

Quotemetal witch, are you refering to the nike site in rehoboth?
:o
Didn't know there was a Nike site in Rehoboth. Have only lived here for 3 yrs.
Where is it?

the nike site or atleast the magazine part of it is now the rehoboth town offices, the ifc part of it is on meadow hill off fairveiw ave. there isnt much left of the missile battery all the old houses are gone and the old buildings are now the town offices still worth a looksie if your in the area

nut
history is always eroding

NUT,
I should have realized what you were talking about.

There is talk intown about moving the town hall to the "center" of town.
Don't know what the bldgs and quonset hut will be used for.
MW